I'm always looking for new primers/cc creams/foundation type products. I have fair skin with redness issues so I'm always looking for that perfect amount of natural coverage. I want something that is going to even out my skin tone without feeling heavy on the skin or looking like I've got make up on! So I was very excited to get the chance to test out Tarte's new Colored Clay CC Primer and review it for you all!
Contains Press Sample
This powerful, multi-tasking, skin perfector brightens skin, evens skin tone, blurs imperfections and neutralizes any redness or discolorations. The oil-free, talc-free formula soothes skin as it glides and blends effortlessly for a smooth, even finish. Its "hourglass" applicator design delivers the perfect balance of color correction and coverage to adjust to your skin. Use it before foundation as a color-correcting primer or alone as a light coverage for an all-over flawless look. Available at Tarte.com, Sephora and Ulta, Retails for $34.
Powered By:colored clay: specifically addresses individual skin & complexion concerns
- purple clay: brightens dull, lackluster skin
- green clay: neutralizes skin redness
- This is definitely easy to use in stick form. I swipe 1-2 swipes on each cheek, one on my forehead, 1 on my chin and 1 around my nose. I then use a stiff blending brush to blend the product into my face.
- This provides a good amount of coverage for me that I've been wearing it basically as my foundation. I then top with a finishing powder.
- For darker circles and blemishes, I do have to use a concealer along with this product.
- I noticed the green clay in this product definitely helps with the redness and discoloration to my skin.
- I also thought my skin did appear brighter which is a feature of the purple clay which is included.
- The only issues I had with this product is that it can seem to cling to dry skin and appear a little cakey. I had this issue the first time I used this product and it definitely made some dry skin and imperfections look more noticeable. The solution I found was to ensure my face is properly moisturized and to also only apply a little of the product.
- I found when I used less of the product and I blended it in really well, I didn't have the same appearance issues as when I had applied more product. So, I definitely recommend using it that way when trying it out.
- The feeling on the skin is just great. It really smooths out my skin and makes it feel baby soft and is a lightweight product. It won't feel like you have anything on your face.
- My color was fair. In most lines, I would have been a light as I'm usually the 2nd lightest shade, but in comparing the two colors, light seemed too dark for me so I'm glad I chose fair. It was a good match for my skin tone. There are five total color selections.
- Overall, I really liked this product. I love that I can basically skip foundation and just apply powder with this.
What do you think of the results I got with the Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer? Is this a product that appeals to you?
Contains Press Sample