The new Wet n Wild Fergie High Shine Lip Stains had caught my eyes a couple weeks ago at the drugstore, but I didn't pick up any then. This time around, my eyes were drawn to the gloss stains again. I couldn't resist picking up a couple of the most vibrant shades. I purchased Throwing Shade and Epic. Throwing Shade is a gorgeous vivid orchid shade and Epic is a deep berry perfect for winter. I'm a huge lover of a bold bright lip, especially during dark winter days and I was intrigued by the stain gloss formulation. These retail around $3.50
What I liked:
- Gorgeous pigmented colors with a decent color selection
- This does leave a stain. Overall staying power for me was around 4 hours. The stain was more noticeable in person than on the 4 hour photo, but my lips were still stained at that point.
- Affordable price.
- High shine.
What I didn't like:
- I had a really weird clumping of product with Epic as can be seen in the photo above after 2 hours of wear. I just used my finger to even this out and it was fine, but makes me skeptical to wear it anywhere I can't be checking the mirror frequently! I also had this with Throwing Shade, although it wasn't as noticeable. Perhaps I used too much product, but it's hard not to with the applicator and formula.
- I would prefer a more traditional doe foot applicator. The long thin applicator may have worked for the bottom lip, but it made precise application on the upper lip a little harder. The brush was also very flexible which for me was not a plus as it bent too much during application.
- The texture at first is gooey. You can see that in the photo of the applicator that this really is a thick formula. It applies thick and feels sticky and gooey at first. Once it fades and a stain is left, it becomes more comfortable.
- Although there was a high shine, the shine lasted about 1 hour and was coupled with the icky texture.
Overall, I can say that I don't regret my purchase, however, I will also not be picking up more colors from this line. Although the pigmented brights shades for me were spot on, there were too many issues with the brush, application and texture. If you're looking for the pigmentation without the other issues, I highly recommend checking out Fergie's Perfect Pout Lip Color line, especially the color Fuchsianista.
Have you tried these? Comment and let me know your thoughts!