Winter is a nightmare for my skin and with 30 degree temperatures this week, signs of the season to come are already becoming visible. But there is help out there! For the past couple weeks I've been testing out Mama Mio's O Mega Body Buff which has been helping me with dry winter skin. I think this is one of the best skin care products out there for exfoliating dry skin. Even better, this is a natural skincare product and doesn't contain petrolatum, parabens, synthetic fragrances or artificial colorants. If you're looking for some winter skin care remedies, then keep reading for my full review!
Spoiler: My review will be glowing, as your skin will be too!
Get buff and ready for winter with Mama Mio’s OMega Body Buff. This top to toe body exfoliator is super fast and effective, leaving your skin smooth and glowing in 60 seconds flat. OMega Body Buff ($33): Packed with omegas, aloe vera and vitamin E to nourish your skin; this star body scrub is a gentle alternative to harsh scrubs. It sweeps away the old to reveal fresh, new skin. Retails for $33 for 5.1fl oz, free delivery.
Mama Mio OMega Body Buff can be purchased at www.mamamio.com
Why is this exfoliator different than others?Exfoliation increases cell regeneration (younger skin cells = younger looking skin), improves strength and elasticity and makes your skin very touchable. OMega Body Buff was developed to avoid the 'big bits, little bits' problem with many salt/oil scrubs. These can make you feel well exfoliated but, in reality, the big shards of salt or sugar rake your skin. If you saw this under a microscope, you would never use chunky scrubs again! Our OMega Body Buff uses micro-ground pumice grains in a creamy Sweet Almond Oil moisturizing base. *from mamamio.com
- This is a very unique product in that you apply it outside of the shower on dry skin
- The very fine exfoliator was really gentle on my skin
- This also has a scent to it which is refreshing and it wasn't overpowering
- I had noticed some scaly winter skin already, but after using this a few times a week, the dry skin has gone away
- Those results seem to last a few days and so I've only been using this every 2-3 days
- Wow, I just checked the website after I wrote my review and I was right on with this!
- Use three times the first week; thereafter twice a week. Massage into DRY skin before showering off.
- If you don't like scrubs with larger or coarser salt or beads, I would definitely recommend this! It really is gentle and feels great
- Once applied and rubbed in a little bit, you simply jump in the shower with the water and it rinses off
- I'm not exaggerating when I say your skin immediately feels soft and silky
- I was worried as I showered that the feeling would decrease as all the product was washed off, I would get out of the shower, dry off, and my skin would be dry again. That was not the case!
- I feel this is really one of those products that is true to it's product description and really works!
Also, if you're going to be traveling for the holidays, I definitely recommend checking out Mama Mio's Try Me Trio. This trio basically contains all the skin care you will need for a weekend away including a foaming cleanser, day and night moisturizer and an eye serum. The trio is all sample sized making it super easy to pack up for your travels! I hate leaving town and either having to pack a ton of skin care or skimping on skin care and then just not feeling like yourself the whole week. This totally solves that problem and is everything you will need, no worries, just pack this up and enjoy your trip!
What is your favorite skin care product once the weather turns chilly on us? Comment and let me know, I'd love to hear from you!