Natural Products ChallengeHello everyone. My task last night for myself was to attempt to create a look using only natural or organic companies and products. The products used may not be 100% natural or 100% organic, but I tried my best. Here is the look that I achieved along with the products used. When possible I really like to find natural/vegan/or organic product alternatives that do just as great a job or even better than products that contain chemicals, dyes, artificial fragrance, parabens, etc.
|Ignore the smirk. I couldn't seem to get a picture that captured the look well and where I wasn't goofy looking.|
- Primer: Bare Minerals Prime Time has a light orange color and a texture that makes your skin feel like a baby's bottom. Contains plant extracts, antioxidants and Vitamins C and E. Free of preservatives and irritants.
- Foundation: I totally forgot that I have a sample of Tarte's Full Coverage foundation so I used Myface Cosmetics foundation which apparently is neither organic nor natural. My shade is Medium 01.
- Finishing Powder: Palladio's Rice Powder can be found at Sally's Beauty and is my favorite lightweight finishing powder. Not tested on animals Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), The Original Rice Powder ancient Chinese secret formula, describes itself as natural.
- Blush is Revolution Organic's Freedom Glow Beauty Balm Balm in Sunkissed. Certified organic including organic olive, coconut and jojoba oils to moisturize and soften, organic beeswax, organic aloe vera and natural pigments.
- See further review & information here
- Lips are VMV Hypoallergenics Velvet Matte Lipstick in Hot Librarian. Enriched with virgin coconut oil for intense hydration and green tea for antioxidant protection. $24 each, vmvhypoallergenics.com
- Mascara is Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes
- Makeup brushes are Tarte and Eco Tools
What do you think of the look I got using natural and/or organic products? It was a good challenge for me as I didn't have as many organic cosmetics items as I thought I did! I'm really loving the look I got with the Tarte eye palette. I'm sure I'll be reaching for that one more often now!
Yours In Trubeauty,