Product of the Day: Nelson J Argan Oil Non-Foaming Shampoo
About: "Nelson j Argan Oil Non-Foaming Shampoo is a revolutionary product in hair care. A 7-in-1 formula, this one product replaces your shampoo, conditioner, detangler, shine spray, smoothing serum, color protector, pre-styling lotion. It is the first non-foaming shampoo that cleanses hair thoroughly but without all the harsh ingredients that may be found in ordinary shampoos - it is designed so it won't strip hair and scalp of their natural oils. Your hair is left with shine, moisture, manageability and better color retention." From http://www.nelsonjhaircare.com/
How to use:
- I've used a lot of paraben free limited lather shampoos before. This one means it when it says non-foaming. There will be absolutely no foaming or soapiness at all.
- To use, apply some to your hands and then to your scalp. Work in vigorously with your fingertips. As you can see in the picture above there are little blue beads in this. This will allow for some nice scalp massaging action. I also feel that when I really rub this into my scalp. I won't be finding beads in my hair later on.
- I then work this throughout the rest of my hair down to my ends and comb through with my fingers or wide toothed comb.
- Rinse out!
- In order to test this out in every way possible, I used this 1) alone, 100% alone with no styling products, 2) with a regular conditioner (MINA Organics) and no other products, 3) with a regular conditioner and my regular styling products.
My final thoughts:
- I saw results after one wash.
- This left my hair super soft and silky. I kept running my hands through my hair and just touching my head because it felt so soft and silky.
- My curls were more manageable and air dried a little looser than they would normally which I liked.
- This also made it much easier to straighten my hair since I didn't have to focus on reducing my curl's fluff and frizz and accomplishing shine and smoothness. I could just flat iron out the remaining curls and be good to go.
- I used this 100% alone about 3 times just to make sure of my results and I think this is really a product you could use alone, or possibly pair with just a finishing spray or hairspray since your detangler, shine spray, smoothing serum, color protector and pre-styling lotion are all taken care of.
- My preference would to still be to add a small amount of conditioner and either rinse it out or just leave a little bit in as a leave in conditioner. I found my hair looked even better that way, but again, I don't think its actually necessary, especially if your hair doesn't require that much maintenance. I can see my mother who has limited hair and beauty products, unlike her obsessed daughter, just loving a product like this!
The thought of throwing out my conditioner, detangler, shine spray, smoothing serum, color protector and pre-styling lotion seems like it would never be a possibility, but this product actually makes the unthinkable thinkable! If you have really unruly hair, I would suggest best results with a small amount of conditioner and a finishing spray. This retails for $20 which is totally worth it for a 7 in 1 product. Has anyone tried this product or anything like it? It gets my stamp of approval for sure. And don't forget to follow me on Google+!
Yours In Trubeauty,