Kate Somerville's New Launches!Hello all. I just wanted to share with you three of Kate Somerville's January product launches. I'm super excited for these and I will be reviewing them for you guys. Since a lot of the results with skincare need 2-4 weeks, I just wanted to give you some product information before I post a review in weeks time.
The brand also launched a loyalty program which you can join for free and receive special offers and information! You can also earn points which you can use towards VIB purchases. Find it here.
Body Glow Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($45/5oz):
lightweight, high-performance 3 in 1 formula that provides broad spectrum protection against damaging aging affects of UV rays and helps fight free radicals, while also smoothing and hydrating skin for radiant, flawless-looking results.
- Rosemary Extract offers Antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals
- Caffeine helps refine texture, improve tone, contour and firm the appearance of the skin
- Mango Butter provides intense moisture to replenish sun-exposed skin
- Light Reflective Pearls create radiance with a subtle satin shimmer to minimize the appearance of imperfections.
My thoughts: This has a lightweight soothing texture which leaves some subtle specks of shimmer on your skin!
RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream ($85/1oz):
Formulated with a unique patented carrier system, this rich night cream is designed to gently infuse the skin with pure retinol to help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and even out texture and skin tone.
- Pure retinol lipid shell melts evenly into the skin, helping to prevent irritation and dryness
- Seaweed extract, with bio-delivered hyaluronic acid, locks in moisture for sustained hydration
- Clinical studies show in just 4 weeks, 96% of women showed a significant increase in elasticity and firmness
My thoughts: This definitely has a great thickness to it that doesn't feel heavy on the skin. There was no irritating scent or irritations from this and it feels great on!
D-Scar Scar Diminishing Serum ($45/.66oz):
Erase time and celebrate smoother skin with Kate's high-tech rollerball scar diminishing serum, designed to reduce the appearance of scars and uneven texture.
- Botanical extract helps even out the appearance of skin texture
- DS-7, a micro-encapsulated peptide is essential to the skin renewal process. It encourages more normalized smoother, softer skin
- Expert evaluations show that after 8 weeks, scar thickness improved by 31%
My thoughts: I like the rollerball format of this. I have a huge scar on the side of my finger from a butcher knife cooking accident. Yes, it was pretty bad! So I'm really excited to see if this really does improve the appearance of scars and I will report back!
Stay tuned for my full reviews! In the meantime, check out my review of Kate's DermalQuench Liquid Lift!
Yours In Trubeauty,