Christmas to NYE in Five Minutes!
This is basically a night to day look, or essentially a how to quickly transform a look in about 5 minutes. I like to change things up quite a bit, but its also good to kind of get a routine and a look down, especially for special events so you aren't putzing around, running late, for every special holiday! I'm not saying I listen to my own advice, I just dish it out :) I hope you like my post on how to turn your Christmas look into a New Years Eve look in 5 Minutes!
When I think of Christmas I think of just a classic, simple look. Here is what I used/did to create this look:
- Solid colored top, paired with very sparkly earrings!
- Use your favorite long lasting foundation with a primer underneath. I used Smashbox photo finish primer along with Covergirl & Olay Tone Rehab foundation
- Pick colors that inspire you this time of year. I mainly stuck with the same color palette without being too matchy matchy. By that I mean I picked a lot of colors with rose and golds to them.
- Eyeshadow: Lancome Palette 209 Blush Sweetness
- Blush: Nars Orgasm
- Use a fluffy kabuki brush to apply a light bronzer. I used my fave, Tarte's Park Ave Princess.
- Eyeliner was Lancome's Art Liner liquid liner in Aubergine which is a very deep plumy purple and my all time fave.
- Lipstick was Exude's Nude paired with Laura Geller's Air Whipped Lip Wear in Praline.
- Add some false lashes and be sure to use a makeup setting spray like Urban Decay's All Nighter.
- My hair was pulled back in a sleek look with added volume on top and a low bun.
L to R: Tarte, Exude, Nars, Laura Geller, Lancome (as described above)
New Years Eve Look:
Now when I think of New Years Eve, I think of fun and glamour! Here is what I did/used to create this look in addition to the steps above:
- Added a sparkly top instead of my solid blazer above. Paired this with a different bigger set of sparkly earrings!
- Think ahead of time about your color scheme. I wanted to add in some purples, which I knew would pair really well with pinks, golds, and rose.
- Add some gorgeous purple eyeshadow. This is from the Laura Geller, Bright Lids, Big City collection called upper East Side Purple. You can apply these colors wet or dry. I applied it wet for added drama. I simply add this on top of my existing eyeshadow onto the lid and as an eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. I winged this out a bit for some added drama.
- I added a sparkly liner shade on the upper and lower lash line. I refershed my liquid liner on top and then dabbed this color on top. Color used was Revlon Diamond Dust in 120 Night Sky. I applied some regular black eyeliner to my lower lash line and then added this ontop so it sticks better and there is less fall out.
- I switched out my neutral lip shade for a pumped up color. I used Beauty For Real's Gloss in Night Out.
- Its hard to tell, but I took my classic bun look, pulled my hair up into a messy higher bun for some added fun.
Revlon, Laura Geller, Beauty For Real
So there you go, there is how you can transform a day to night look in 5 minutes!
Yours In Trubeauty,