For centuries, women from the Quechua-Shuar tribes have traveled deep into the Amazon rainforest to prepare a highly potent, restorative oil they call Rahua (ra-wa) – believing it to be the secret to their thick, flowing, lustrous hair. In the 1990s, these women shared Rahua’s power with renowned New York stylist and colorist Fabian Lliguin, a native Ecuadorian of Quechua descent.
Intrigued, Lliguin studied Rahua’s revitalizing effects on his own clients’ hair. Dry, damaged strands sprang to life with renewed, bouncy elasticity. Color treatments remained shiny and vibrantly true. Irritated scalps calmed under Rahua’s soothing care.
Unlike other botanical oils that simply coat strands, the extraordinarily small Rahua oil molecule deeply penetrates the hair’s cortex – bonding and repairing it – while simultaneously smoothing the hair’s cuticle.
We are privileged to be building this earth-friendly, sustainable business in partnership with women from Amazonian nations such as Waorani, Achuar, Quichua, Quechua and Shuar. We at Amazon Beauty share their reverence for the rainforest and its indigenous cultures. Our Rahua and ungurahua oils are sourced and processed by these women and men in accordance with the traditional methods that have been passed down for generations
RAHUA SHAMPOO (gluten free), $32, 9.3oz
100% natural, organic shampoo cleanses to create healthy, lustrous, bouncy hair and is ideal for color-treated hair. Rahua oil fortifies weak, damaged strands while nourishing and regenerating the scalp and hair follicles.
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) offers delicate fragrance – providing a soothing aromatherapy experience while shampooing. Quinoa, a gluten free super-food indigenous to South America, promotes healing and moisture retention. Coconut and shea butter (betaines) safely, gently and effectively remove oil, dirt and bacteria without stripping necessary nutrients. Our all natural, chemical-detergent free (sulfate free) formula cleanses hair with fewer suds, which means it’s not removing color or previous applied treatments.
Protects to create manageable, soft hair without any build-up — and is ideal for color-treated hair. Rich with
organic and 100% natural ingredients, allows hair to grow longer and stronger.
- I'm very impressed with the ingredients in these products and I love the simple and clean look
- These products would appeal to both men and women. Although the products have what I think of as a more masculine scent, although, thankfully, the scent is not noticeable after your hair dries. The shampoo has a lighter scent than the conditioner. Its almost a mixture of lemon pine sol and mint. Its not a bad scent, just not my favorite.
- I love the multi-use appeal of the conditioner which doubles as basically a smoothing cream/leave in product. I used this as just a conditioner, as a leave in product, and as both. If you have straight hair that is a little more manageable than my natural curls I really do believe you could use the shampoo, conditioner, and conditioner as a styling product and be good to go. I did have to add an additional product to add some more muscle to shape my curls the way I like them.
- I was sent the sample size bottles so I'm not sure how the cap/top is on the full size product, but the conditioner can be a little hard to get out given that it is thicker in consistency.
- Lather of the shampoo was moderate.
- The biggest thing I noticed after using these products is that my hair was so incredibly soft that I couldn't stop touching it! It was definitely more manageable as well! Although I was hoping it would be some sort of miracle product and help with my repair my split dry ends; but no matter what I was using, the real solution was to get a much needed haircut!
- I did have someone I work with ask me after using these products if my hair was lighter. Last time I dyed it was at least two months ago, but the color did seem to be noticeably more vibrant.
Yours in Beauty,
These products were provided for review. I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are honest and they are the property of TruBeautyGems. Photos courtesy of Rahua.com