Here is the low down:
Product Description from (QVC website, retails $34 with application mit):
What is it: A self-tanner that helps you achieve a faux glow anytime. Infused with pure maracuja oil, this tanner drenches your skin in moisture, giving you a beautiful, sun-kissed look.
Who is it for: Anyone who wants a perfectly hued bronze glow.
Why is it different: Infused with pure maracuja oil to replenish skin, brightening vitamin C, and essential fatty acids, this self-tanner gives you the perfect bronze color every time you apply. It comes with an application mitt to ensure a mess-free, streak-free, and easy sun-kissed look.
How do I use it: Prepare your skin by cleansing and then exfoliating, especially areas such as elbows, knees, and ankles. Dispense a quarter-sized amount of self-tanner to the mitt and apply to one body part at a time using sweeping circular motions. Allow the self-tanner to absorb for 10 minutes before dressing. Wait eight hours before showering, shaving, or sweating to allow a seamless tan to fully develop. Use one to two times a week to maintain a gorgeous tan.
BEFORE AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR
- I used this as directed and exfoliated before use
- I used probably less than a quarter sized amount for each area just to be safe for work the next day! It says not to shower or sweat for 8 hours. I get the no showering part, but no sweating? Kinda tough to control!
- I would describe the color as a very dark brown as it comes out of the tube
- It seems to be a mixture between a lotion and a gel. The only scary part was that unlike a self tanning lotion which you apply much like a lotion, a quarter size amount of this quickly absorbed into the skin worrying me that I had missed parts.
- I saw minimal to no streaking. The only issue I had was basically a small area on my shoulder area where I could no longer reach any father back. I would suggest having someone around to help finish the application in hard to reach areas. I also somehow dripped a few drops onto my toes (no clue how), but I wiped those off with a wet cloth and they are barely noticeable. On my shoulders I blended in with a powder bronzer and all was good.
- I'm really really impressed with the natural looking tan and mainly streek free application
- The scent: Tarte brags a lot on QVC about how this does not smell like a self tanner. I half agree. When applying this it has a light floral scent. It is neither a great scent nor a bad scent and they are right that it doesnt smell like a self tanner. However, later, I smelt the tell tale signs of a self tanner and the next day can sniff out the scent as well. It is very faint, much lighter than other tanners, and I do have a very sensitive nose. It was not an irritating scent, I just found that curious as they really emphasized on QVC that this did not have that scent.
- I applied with my hands and did not have the mitt. The only issue was that you really should wash your hands with soap right away. I noticed a darkening of the color on my palms very very quickly, but it did come off with some soap and water.
- One of the best parts, my skin feels super soft and silky smooth after application!
|8 hours later. Dang my arm looks so long too!|
Overall I would highly recommend this. I love that Tarte uses natural ingredients. After application, it developed nicely and quickly into a very natural looking tan and was not as scary as it first appeared. This would be a good buy for first time users or people that are cautious with this type of product like I am.
Have you tried this? Comment and let us know your thoughts.
Yours in Beauty,